Artwork

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

David Lusk Review

This past week in my professional practices class we had Robert Hollingsworth come visit us from the David Lusk gallery. His visit was very important in informing us how to apply to a gallery. About a month ago, we submitted application packets to the David Lusk gallery for review. In this past week, Robert Hollingsworth returned them to us with notes as well as talked to our class and answered questions.
Overall, my packet was well received. I could have had an image list to go with my CD, but he thought my images were good and that was important to me. I did learn many things from his visit like how to talk with a gallery and the proper procedures to follow when applying to different galleries. Over and over again, he made a point that whomever you talk to, you should be nice. He also noted that in my cover letter I said “Thank you,” and that was important to him.
The questions he answered were very informative about how the gallery runs and what kind of works are accepted. He also made sure to tell us to research the galleries before applying to make sure that our works fit in well with the collection. The best part about his visit was when he looked over our artwork. It was nice to hear what he had to say about everyone’s pieces. I thought he would be a lot more intimidating, but it was a lot more casual.
All in all, Robert Hollingsworth’s visit was crucial to our education about learning how to submit to different galleries. He was very fun and interactive, and I look forward to speaking with him more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment