Artwork

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grad School Cover Letter

Lena Kirk
LenaKirk.Blogspot.com

Dean of Admissions
Cranbrook Academy of Art
39221 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304
(248)-645-3300

To whom it may concern,

My name is Lena Kirk and I am applying to the Master of Fine Arts program because I believe that being well acquainted with many media will sky rocket me into art stardom at your school. I have recently graduated with my Bachelors of Fine Art in Sculpture from Memphis College of Art. Yes, my degree is in sculpture, but there is so much more to me, and my art. I am well versed in ceramics, which would be my field of study in your graduate program, but I am also a painter, printmaker, sculptor, and a metal smith all bundled in to one! What a deal!
My current works are about my self and my body. After going through an illness and having an organ removed I have been confronted with a new lifestyle, and the ups and downs that go with it. My work is about the struggle that I have been through with my body, and the strength to work through this issues by representing them through my work. You facilities will give me to ground to build more on my conceptual ideas, and have the inspiration of an establishment that housed Charles and Ray Eames.
I have been displayed in many exhibitions at the Memphis College of Art as well as the Guggenheim, MOCA, and The Getty. All of these exhibitions awarded me large grants to make giant sculptures that I donated to children in Africa.
Thank you so much for your time, and If you find my work of interest, I would be pleased to send additional visual materials and background information. You can also visit my web site at www.LenaKirk.Blogspot.com for my most current and up to date works, and writings. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Lena Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment