Artwork

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Assignment 2: Professional Practices


Last week in my Professional Practices class we all gave presentations about the kind of art we make. I put together a slide show of my art that I have made throughout my time in college so far. My images were not the best, because I think after I have spent so much time and energy on a piece of art the last thing I am thinking about is getting a really nice photograph of the work. Which may be my downfall because I have really unprofessional images of all my pieces.
I thought everyone in the class did wonderful. It takes a lot to get up in front of a crowd of people and show your work and talk about the emotions you went through to create your work and essentially baring your soul to everyone in your audience. I wish I could have just listened to all of them talk for hours about the hows, whats, and whys of all of their pieces. Everyone in the class is involved in such different mediums and they use them in so many different ways.
The main issues with most of the presentations was the image quality. It was true for myself that I had some of the poorer images of the class, and yes maybe I did shoot a few of my pieces with a camera phone, guilty. There was also an issue with using the program preview on the computer and skipping through images and going back and forth, and also playing with the mouse so the preview toolbar would pop up on the screen. I did sit pretty close to the front so I could hear everyone pretty well, I know that some of the people who were sitting towards the back of the room did note that they had issues hearing some of the presenters.
All in all it was a great way to learn about the art that my fellow classmates make as well as learn some about their personalities and they ways they all present themselves. I really appreciated the opportunity to be able to listen and learn from these artists in my midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment